Monday, June 15, 2009

VBS DAY 1

Our VBS started this a.m. at 9. As a 4yo teacher I was to be there at 8:50. Those of you reading know that I am not the most punctual person, but this a.m. I was in the car leaving in plenty of time to get Brady dropped off and Cal, Will and I in the 4 yo room to wait for the other children to show up. Well...................I was not 1/2 a mile from my house, still in the neighborhood when a motorcycle cop pulls me over to let me know I was going 36 mph in a 25 mph!!!!!!! I tried the nice story about teaching VBS. He still wrote me a ticket, but did ask which church. I did ask him to hurry since I needed to be there at 8:50. He said he would explain the paying process while he wrote the ticket. He normally writes the ticket THEN gives you the explanation.

My sweet, rule abiding Cal said, "Mom, good thing he was there since you were going too fast!" Yes, my thoughts exactly, thank goodness he was there! :)

We are doing Eastwood Farms/Watermelon Patch this week. We are teaching the fruits of the Spirit. So maybe this was my a.m. lesson on self-control(drive the speed limit). I'll write the verse just in case anyone else needs a reminder. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22

I am sure the Lord will be teaching me lessons all week. I am just hoping speeding was just a 1 day lesson and the motorcycle cop will not be parked in Deer Creek all week.

On another note, not only do we have VBS every morning, Cal has swim lessons every afternoon. I feel certain lessons in love, joy and patience are all headed my way!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment on the impressive garden and it wouldn't let me! Still can't believe the ticket! Also can't believe VBS didn't get you out of it! HA!!

    ReplyDelete